Thursday, 3 April 2014
Crochet Basket Tutorial
I was finding my blanket making materials were over spilling my knitting bag and wanted to make my own basket. When I was at the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC I bought some hooplayarn www.hooplayarn.com from a super crochet stall.
It took a bit of thinking time and playing around with the yarn until I got to grips with my own pattern to create the basket.
I used a 8mm size crochet hook and you will need two rolls of hooplayarn.
1. Chain 6 and join with a slip stitch to create a foundation ring.
2, 1 Single crochet in to each chain, then join with a slip stitch.
3. 2 single crochet in each stitch , then join with a slip stitch.
4. Chain 3, then 2 double crochet in each stitch around and join with a slip stitch.
5. Repeat step 4 twice.
6. Chain 3, then 2 double crochet in stitch, then 1 double crochet in the next. Repeat this for the round and then join with a slip stitch.
7. Place a marker in last loop at the start of the round. 1 Single crochet in each stitch around to marker.
8. Repeat for a further 13 rounds. Then join with a slip stitch and thread ends through loops to neaten for finish.
You could add or decrease the number of single crochet rounds depending on your preferred height for your finished basket. This height worked perfectly for me to stash my current blanket project and wool.
Bye for now